Today I spent most of my time at the reservoir working on construction. It was really great to finally get my hands dirty and do some hard work on the project. Working with Kurt, we were able to do a lot of the electrical components of the shed. The float switch, which controls the amount of water in the reservoir, was installed and is almost ready to be connected to the control box. In addition, we installed a switch for the lightbulb, wired up several outlets, and prepared the chlorine tank for the chlorine pump. The carpenter was able to come on site today and he installed half of the roof, hopefully he will be able to finish the rest tomorrow!
Between the carpenter and ourselves at the construction site, we drew attention from community members in the area. They are all very excited that the construction is moving quickly and we cannot wait to get everything running. We even had the pleasure of having a snack at a local community member’s house which was a really nice treat. Tomorrow, I hope construction will continue at the same rate. Once the chlorination system is complete and the piping is finished, we will be able to start water quality testing.